To build and preserve brand value, Violin Memory, Inc. owns numerous registered and unregistered logos, trademarks and slogans in the U.S. and/or other countries. Listed below are Violin logos, trademarks and slogans with the appropriate trademark symbol under U.S. law. Violin trademark rights may differ in other countries and the trademark laws of those countries should be followed when marking with the appropriate trademark symbol.
While Violin makes every effort to keep this list updated, please note that it may not be comprehensive. Violin does not waive its trademark rights or other intellectual property rights for any logo, trademark or slogan that is not on this list. Use of Violin logos, trademarks and slogans is subject to Violin Trademark and Logo Usage Guidelines.
Questions regarding Violin logos, trademarks or slogans should be directed to email@example.com.
Business in a Flash™
Flash Fabric Architecture™
Flash Storage Platform™
Company Logo Files
Violin Trademark and Logo Usage Guidelines for Authorized Third Parties
Violin trademarks, logos and slogans are valuable assets to Violin and its brand and act to distinguish Violin products from its competitors’ products. Violin takes many steps to protect against unauthorized or improper use of its trademarks, logos and brand. Third parties that are authorized by Violin to use its trademarks, logos and slogans are required to use them in a proper and consistent manner and in accordance with these Guidelines and the terms and conditions of any agreement you have with Violin.
Although Violin allows authorized third parties to use Violin logos and trademarks if they follow these Guidelines, Violin retains all ownership rights in its logos, trademarks and brand. Any goodwill or legal rights created from use of Violin logos, trademarks, slogans and brand are for the benefit of and inure to Violin alone and not any third party. Violin has the absolute discretion to revoke any right to use Violin logos, trademarks and slogans, even if such use is not expressly prohibited by these Guidelines. Violin may modify these Guidelines without notice to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are referring to the current version of these Guidelines.
The following are authorized to use Violin logos and trademarks and must abide by these Guidelines:
- Original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”) who purchase Violin products from Violin for integration into non-Violin Products;
- Authorized distributors who purchase Violin products from Violin (“Authorized Distributors”) for distribution to system integrators, retailers, or resellers only in regions authorized by Violin (“Authorized Resellers”);
- Authorized Resellers;
- Other third party vendors integrating or reselling Violin products acquired from Violin Authorized Distributors, or Authorized Resellers; and
- Other third parties authorized in writing by Violin to use Violin trademarks, logos or slogans.
If you do not fall within one of the above listed categories and would like to use Violin trademarks, logos or slogans, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to use Violin trademarks, logos and slogans is non-transferrable, which means that you are not authorized to give others the right to use Violin logos, trademarks and slogans without Violin’s express, written permission.
OEMs, distributors, integrators, resellers and other third parties using or selling Violin Products acquired from out of region sources or counterfeit products are not permitted to use any Violin trademarks, logos or slogans. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are acquiring in region and non-counterfeit products from sources selling legitimate Violin products. Inquiries regarding the region authorized for product or the legitimacy of products should be sent to email@example.com.
- Violin is giving you limited, non-exclusive and fully-revocable permission to use its logos, trademarks and slogans in the region that the product was first shipped in a truthful, fair and non-misleading manner and in compliance with these Guidelines and the terms and conditions of any agreement you have with Violin. You may not use Violin trademarks, logos or slogans in a way that is misleading, deceptive, libelous, defamatory, infringing, obscene, offensive, damaging or disparaging to Violin’s brand, or otherwise objectionable to Violin in its absolute discretion. Do not use Violin trademarks, logos or slogans in connection with any photograph that does not display a genuine Violin product or packaging.
- Always use trademarks and logos in the manner intended by Violin. Do not use them for goods or services for which they were not originally intended. You may not modify, distort, change, abbreviate, shorten or hyphenate Violin trademarks or logos. Do not flip, rotate, stretch, or add effects to Violin’s logo. You may not abbreviate or create acronyms out of Violin trademarks.
- Do not incorporate Violin trademarks, logos or slogans in your own product names, service names, trademarks, logos, company names, or Internet domain names. You may not use or adopt trademarks or logos that are confusingly similar to a Violin trademark or logo. You may not take any action that is inconsistent with Violin’s ownership of its trademarks, logos, slogans or brand. For example, you may not register a trademark, logo, slogan, or domain name in Violin’s name or attempt to register a trademark, logo, slogan or domain name that is confusingly similar to Violin’s trademark or logo. You may not copy or imitate in whole or in part the look, feel, design or trade dress of Violin’s products, packaging, collateral materials or website.
- If you are using Violin trademarks, slogans or logos to describe Violin or its product, be truthful and accurate. Do not use Violin trademarks, slogans or logos to make unsubstantiated claims about Violin or the quality, capacity or specification of its products. Any questions about the language that you can use to describe Violin or its products should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may not use Violin trademarks or logos on or in connections with any website that displays adult content, contains violence or hate speech, sells or distributes unauthorized, grey market or counterfeit products, or violates any applicable laws or regulations.
- If you are authorized by Violin to use Violin trademarks, logos, or slogans, you must include a proper trademark attribution notice. The proper trademark attribution used by Violin is:
Violin, the Violin logo, [alphabetical, properly spelled, and capitalized list of Violin trademarks], for example: Violin Memory, Inc. is a registered trademark or trademarks of Violin Memory, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Some countries have additional attribution requirements or may require translation of attribution notices to a language other than English. Please consult with email@example.com if you have any questions about the proper attribution notice to use for your country.
- You must mark Violin trademarks, logos and slogans with the proper symbol, which is either ® or ™ symbol, you must use ® or ™. Violin updates its list of U.S. registered and other trademarks on its website at http://www.violin-memory.com/company/trademarks
- You acknowledge that Violin takes no position regarding the quality of products or services that you offer. You shall make no claims or implications that Violin endorses or is affiliated with your products or services.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Violin, in no event shall Violin be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with these Guidelines, your products containing all flash array storage technology manufactured by Violin or your relationship with any end users, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Violin, you will defend, indemnify and hold Violin and its employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns harmless from any and all claims, actions and suits based on your use, sales, marketing and distribution of any products containing all flash array storage technology manufactured by Violin or your use of Violin trademarks, logos or slogans.
Additional Guidelines Regarding Use of the Violin logo
If you are using any of Violin’s logos, you must use only Violin-approved artwork and you must follow the Violin Brand Identity Standards which are updated frequently and found at http://www.violin-memory.com/company/violin-memory-logo-guidelines/. These Brand Identity Standards specify the format, spacing, color, and font requirements for Violin logos. You may find Violin approved artwork at http://www.violin-memory.com/media-library.
Additional Guidelines regarding Use of Violin Slogan and Trademarks
- Consult with Violin’s list of trademarks for proper spelling and capitalization. This list can be found at http://www.violin-memory.com/company/trademarks/.
Violin’s trademark list is updated frequently and you must check it to make certain that the list has not changed. If you have any questions about the spelling, formatting or capitalization of a Violin trademark, logo or slogan or if there is a trademark that you believe should be on the list but is not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use Violin’s trademark as an adjective to describe a product, such as Violin Concerto™ 7000 and not in place of the product itself, such as buy a Concerto 7000. (Remember, it is a Violin Concerto 7000 All Flash Array, not a “7000 All Flash Array”.) Do not use any Violin trademarks as a verb or in the plural or possessive form. For example, do not say, Concerto’s new design is fabulous!” Instead, you should state, “The new design of the Concerto 7000 All Flash Array is fabulous”. Do not use Violin’s trademarks as puns, slang or portray them negatively.
- Do not make up your own trademarks, logos or slogans and attribute them to Violin or combine them with Violin’s trademarks, logos or slogans.
- Do not combine Violin trademarks, logos, or slogans with your or another companies’ names, trademarks or domains, or use them in a way that suggests an affiliation between Violin and your or another company, or sponsorship or endorsement by another company or Violin’s products unless you have authorization from Violin.
If you would like to use one of Violin’s trademarks, logos or slogans in film production or commercial television, please contact email@example.com.